Online database of archaeological surveys, IDAV MS
The Institute of Archaeology of the CAS, Brno, v. v. i. has been collating information on archaeological surveys conducted in Moravia and Silesia systematically since 1942. Pursuant to Section 21 (4) of Act No. 20/1987, every authorized archaeological organization is obliged to report the outcome of archaeological surveys to the Institute of Archaeology. Notifications, reports on findings, expert opinions, photographs, plans, maps and legacies are kept in this specialized central archive.
- Person responsible for administration of information source:
Olga Lečbychová (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Current content of information source:
4,528 entries on archaeological projects (surveys)
- Intended content of information source:
15,000 projects which need to be entered based on older reports on findings. The database of projects is supplemented annually with current data from archaeological surveys carried out in the particular year (approx. a thousand entries per year)
- Listings have associated digital objects:
- Format of digital objects:
- Availability of the information source without online access:
Institute of Archaeology of the CAS, Brno, v. v. i. Čechyňská 19, Brno 613 00
- Online access:
Author/administrator of source:
Institute of Archaeology of the CAS, Brno, v. v. i.
Type of resource: